You see that right. We are giving away one free website every other month to a new non-profit (or not for profit) that fits the following criteria.
In our experience, many smaller groups do not have a web presence, which is a very important component in a marketing strategy. Many just don’t have the budget to get a custom website. So here is our solution. We will choose one group every other month and provide free website design and development, valued at $2,500.
Is your group doing good things but don’t have a website to share information? Please consider filling out the short application, and we will be in touch soon. See deadline calendar above application.
- Main focus is on Environmental Issues, including Climate Change related activities.
- Working within the United States.
- Have at least two successful projects under your belt.
- Have at least 50 members/volunteers.
- Have had a board of directors in place at least one year.
- Have a strategic plan for the next year or more.
What the free website includes:
- Professional design using a WordPress theme.
- Up to 10 simple pages (no storefront, special coding, etc.)
- Training for in-house member(s) to maintain the website.
- SEO on main pages.
- Simple forms – can link to email management programs.
- Paypal buttons if needed.
What you will provide:
- Outline of main pages (we will assist)
- Digital copy of logo
- High quality images (if you have none, we can share royalty free sites to use)
- One contact person – we prefer not work with entire committees
- At least 300 words per page – we will assist with SEO (Titles, headers, etc.)
- Name, address, phone numbers
- Mission statement
- Availability to meet on scheduled days via Zoom.
- Quick review turn around.
- Domain name – we can assist if you are unsure how to do this (cost around $15 per year).
Your organization will also be responsible for a yearly hosting account. It will be in your organization’s ownership, but we require you to use the one we use. They give us a special deal up front and very reasonable. There are various ways to pay, with buying a three year plan being the least expensive ($5 per month).
Submit application form by the following dates to be considered for the next project. Each project is given two months for completion, but can be done in as little as two weeks.
2020 Deadline Calendar
- March 15 – April project
- May 15 – June project
- July 15 – August project
- September 15 – October project
- November 15 – December project